Saturday 24 May 2014

School Scene

Today in rehearsal we focused on the school scene.
We tired doing the whole scene in different way for example when my character of the school inspector arrived at the school of Mrs Briskett, I did everything quiet stern and was quiet blunt with my words, when i spoke to Chloe i was quiet sarcastic. When we sat down a thought about it and read more into the script i realized that the school inspector like the idea of Mrs Brisketts school because her deceptive at has fooled him and he thought that she couldn't be doing anything wrong as she had the children wrapped around her little finger and had them tending to her beck and call.  

When we ran the scene again, I made my presence know and chowed that my character had alot of authority. When m lines came up i had to deepen my voice, for a girl i have a deep voice anyway to it was suggested to me by one of my fellow actors to deepen my voice further to help pottery my male character further. This idea worked as when i used it i felt more like my character and felt as though i was more believable. I was quiet enthusiastic about my lines to show that i really was impressed with the things that the students and Mrs Briskett were showing me. I decided that it was good idea to break the fourth wall and add some more movement to my character so that i wasn't just standing in one position for my entire scene so i walked around the staging and went put to audience members and inspected them. 

When it came to the blocking section i decided to stick with the more enthusiactic version as this was the one that i got told looked the most appealing and entertaining to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment